This delicious and refreshing camping recipe is easy to make and a great way to sweeten up your 4th of July celebration! We know that you love to spend the holiday celebrating with your family; give your friends and family a drink that perfectly reflects a summer day with this blueberry lemonade! Get the recipe below!
Recipe adapted from www.DeliciousTable.com
- 1 cup extra fine granulated sugar
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 6 lemons — You can use pre-squeezed lemon juice, but I’ve found it is much more bitter than fresh-squeezed.
- 6 tablespoons honey
- Fresh strawberries
- Fresh mint
Making the Blueberry Syrup
- In a medium saucepan, heat 1 cup of water and 1 cup sugar.
- Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Thoroughly wash your blueberries and add to the pan.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until the blueberries are soft and beginning to break down. Approx. 3-4 minutes.
- Strain the blueberries through a cheesecloth or strainer and cool.
Making the Lemonade
- Juice the lemons until you have 1 1/2 cups of fresh lemon juice.
- Add the lemon juice to a large pitcher and top with 5 cups of cold water, honey, and blueberry syrup.
- Leave the lemonade in the fridge to chill.
- Serve over ice and top with lemon slices, blueberries, strawberries, or mint.
- Squeeze 1 ½ cups of lemon juice.
- Mix the cooled blueberry syrup, fresh squeezed lemon juice, local honey, and 5 cups water.
- Chill in the fridge.
- Serve over ice with blueberries, lemon slices, and garnish with mint.
Contact us for more information about the RVs for sale at Suncamper Liquidators today!